Worcester City in Worcestershire, West midlands, home of Worcester City football club and the famous Worcester sauce and has been credited for it’s fast growing university.
Did You Know?
- Worcester is the home of the world’s oldest newspaper Berrow’s Journal.
- Worcester is the origin home of the famous Worcestershire sauce which was invented in Worcester in the 1830’s.
The final battle of the English Civil War, the Battle of Worcester, took place on 3 September 1651 at Worcester. The city is known as the ‘Faithful City’ because of its unwavering support of the Royalist cause during the Civil War.
Worcester Market opening days, times and location:
Angel place market:
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 9am till 4.30pm.
- Located in the heart of the city’s main shopping centre.
Pershore Indoor Market:
- Wednesday to Saturday 9am till 4.30pm
- Located on Cherry Orchard, WR10 1EY.
Worcester recently released the new Friday vintage day by where they sell antique and collectables, which makes this market unique and interesting. More information on this can be found at Worcester markets.
Worcester Sunday UpMarket moved to Riverside South Quay from Sunday 2nd August from 10am to 4pm.
On every bank holiday Worcester market also hold a market on a Monday.
Please note information displayed is general knowledge and information obtained from the following websites, Worcester markets , Pershore market , visit Worcestershire , cathedral city and pictures were obtained from Worcester market webpage, Wikimedia
blog about this review of angel place http://urbed.coop/projects/worcester-market-review