Stafford can be found in between Wolverhampton and Stoke on Trent, in the north of the west midlands, Stafford is rumoured to have be found is the 700 AD, Stafford has many landmarks one being the Stafford castle.
Did you know?
- Stafford means ‘ford’ by a ‘staithe’ (landing place). The town’s location was the only feasible place for a large army to cross the River Trent, and so was strategically important in the wider region.
- Stafford castle was built by the Normans and built twice first time being by wood.
- St Chad’s church is the oldest building in Stafford which opened in 1908
- In 1927 the council extended the General Market from 9000 to 14700 square feet. In 1935 the old Guildhall and Market entrance were demolished and on the site a new Guildhall and Arcade entrance were erected
Stafford Market opening days and times and address:
- Tuesday and Thursday 9am – 4.30pm
- Friday and Saturday 9am – 5pm
Located at the heart of Stafford Town Centre and can be accessed from the Guildhall Shopping Centre, Chapel Street and Broad Street. postcode: ST16 2DJ, street: earl street
Penkridge Market opening days and times and address:
- Wednesday and Saturday 9am – 3.30pm
Located Pinfold Lane, Penkridge, Stafford, ST19 5AP
Newcastle under Lyme opening days and times and address:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday – 9.00am – 4.00pm
Located High street, Newcastle under Lyme, ST5 1SW
Other markets in Stafford are the farmers market which is held on the second Saturday of each month in the market square apart from January, Penkridge market is also open on bank holiday Monday, as well as Newcastle host a antique market on a Tuesday, and on a Thursday a bric-a-brac from 8.00am – 3.00pm, as well as farmers and crafters markets every third Friday of the month around the Guildhall, and have a on the stones market also open every 3rd Friday of a month from 9.00am – 2.30pm.
Stafford market also have a facebook page click here
Penkridge market also have a Facebook page click here
Newcastle under Lyme website click here
Please note all information displayed on this page, is general knowledge and information obtained from the following webpage Stafford council, Stafford town centre, about Stafford , penkridge and pictures were obtained from Staffordshire newsletter and staf market facebook and farmshop