Shrewsbury market has recently been taken over for this year by a company called Town and Country Markets. They aim to improve the market and help it grow even further as it is already one of the best markets in the Shropshire area. Shrewsbury is also the birth place of Charles Darwin.
Did you know?
- Shrewsbury is a market town.
- The Ditherington Flax Mill is the WORLD’S oldest iron framed building.
- Shrewsbury is the second largest town in the Shropshire region.
- That England FC and Manchester City FC goalkeeper Joe hart is from Shrewsbury town and even played for them.
Shrewsbury opening days, times and location:
Shrewsbury Market Hall:
- Open Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday (some traders open on a Thursday), Open between 8am – 3.30 pm.
- Located on Claremont Street, Shrewsbury, SY1 1QG
Other markets are on a Sunday in Shrewsbury open between 9am – 3pm, located at battlefield road, SY1 4HA.
Farmers markets in Shrewsbury remaining markets are:
- September 4th
- Autumn fair September 19th
- October 2nd
- November 6th
- December 4th
- Christmas market December 19th
All of which are located in the town square.
Please note all information displayed on this page, is general knowledge and information obtained from the following webpages markethall, shropshiretourism and townandhallmarkets, shrewsbury farmers market and pictures were obtained shrewsbury farmers market, Shropshire star