Birmingham Bull Ring Market
Birmingham has many markets such as the Bull Ring, New Street farmers market, and the 24 Carrot Farmers market off of the Jewellery Quarter.
The Bull Ring market has an outdoor, indoor and rag market, which sees over 6 million customers a year.
With 140 stall holder, it is open 6 days a week.
The Indoor Market is famous for its selection of fresh meats, fish and produce which is understood to be competitive with price and quality with that of the big supermarkets, which says a lot about the products sold.
DID YOU KNOW?
- That the famous Nigel Mansell, Indy and Formula One Champion was born, lived and worked in Birmingham.
- Birmingham’s Central Library is Europe’s largest public library and lends 8 million books each year.
- Many rock bands including Ocean Colour Scene, Duran Duran, ELO, Dodgy, UB40 and Black Sabbath are all from Birmingham.
- Two of Britain’s big four banks were founded in Birmingham – Lloyds in 1765 & Midland in 1836.
- Birmingham is officially the UK’s cleanest large city.
- Or that Birmingham has more canals then Venice!!!
Bull Ring Market Opening days, times and location:
- Bull Ring Open Market – 9am to 5pm every Tuesday to Saturday – B5 4RB
- Bull Ring Indoor Market – 9am to 5.30pm every Monday to Saturday – 50 Edgbaston Street, B5 4RQ.
- Rag Market – Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 9am – 5pm – 50 Edgbaston Street, B5 4RB.
New Street Farmers Market opening days and times:
The first and third Wednesdays of every month, but take note that the location can vary during winter.
24 carrots farmers market opening days and times:
Located on the square in front of the Big Peg on Warstone Lane
The third Saturday of every month 10am – 3pm
Birmingham Rag market opening days and times:
9:00am-5:00pm, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Please note all information that is displayed under this message has been taken from Birmingham City Council webpage and more information can be found at Birmingham Council.
Birmingham also host many other markets such as;
The 21-acre site, based off Pershore Street, has 235 trading units and includes horticultural, fish, poultry and meat markets, as well as warehousing and other accommodation.
Antiques and Collectors Fairs take place regularly at the Bull Ring Rag Market, attracting traders and visitors from across the country.
Car Boot Sales
Commercial car boot sales are not permitted in Birmingham and before holding a car boot sale for charity, you must seek permission from Birmingham City Council.
Sunday Car Boot Sale
This sale of second hand and new goods is held every Sunday morning in the Wholesale Markets Precinct, with over 300 hardstanding pitches available.
Fine Food Market
This is held in Birmingham City Centre every first and third Wednesday of each month.
All streets in Birmingham have been designated as consent streets and are subject to the granting of a Street Trading Consent following consultation with other parties.
Please note all information presented is general knowledge and information accessed from the following web pages Visiting birmingham and Birmingham council and bbc and pictures were obtained from trip advisor, flickr and wikipedia